This page contains resources related to small, adaptable buildings in the area of Development, grouped by topics: General, Case Studies, and Redevelopment. Suggestions welcome!
Development > General
- Company: Popularise and Fundrise
- Organization: California Infill Builders Association
- Organization: ULI Small-Scale Development Council
- Seminars: UC Berkeley seminar series “Infilling California: Tools and Strategies for Infill Development“
- Seminars: Florida Housing Commission Small Rental
- Video or Audio: Michael Raynor, Boston College CEO Club, 2009-04-14
- E-Publication: “10 Principals for Little Infill” by Sam Newberg
- E-Publication: Frank Starkey, “Economy of Scale vs. Economy of Means“, Original Green, 2012-08-15
- Print: Diane Suchman, Developing Successful Infill Housing (ULI 2002), 175 pages
Development > Case Studies
- Free Model: 4-Plex by Anderson Kim drawings and financial model
- Free Model: Burnside Rocket by Guerilla Development drawings and financial model
- Site: ULI case studies, including several small urban projects
- Video: Miami Culinary Institute (coming soon!)
- Print: Ron Nyren, “Tight Squeezes“, Urban Land Magazine 2012-09-12
Development > Redevelopment
- Organization: 3CDC/Cincinnati City Center Development Corporation
- Organization: Brownstone Revival Coalition
- Site: How to Renovate a Baltimore Rowhouse
- Site: Living City Block (property owners join together to energy retrofit block)
- Site: Penang shophouse renovation, including examples and directory of experts and suppliers.
- Site: Federal Tax Credits for Rehabilitating Historic Buildings: Rowhouses, by the National Park Service.
- Print: Ingrid Abramovitch, Restoring a House in the City: A Guide to Renovating Townhouses, Brownstones, and Row Houses With Great Style (Artisan 2009), 288 pages
- Print: Roger Callan & Ruth Fearon, “Town House Hotels – An Emerging Sector”, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 9 (1997), Issue 4, pp.168 – 175.